This document will walk you through the most common workflow process for a property manager
Step One - Post Management Fees
In Rentvine you have the ability to create multiple management fee settings. Once you create a setting you can then assign it to a property.
- AUTO: If your management fee setting is set to Percent of Rent Payments then these management fees will post automatically once the tenant payment is made.
- MANUAL: If your management fee settings fall within the following: Recurring Flat Amount, Recurring Percent of Market Rent, Recurring Percent of Actual Rent, or Minimum Amount then you will need to manually post your management fees.
Step Two - Collect Rent
- AUTO: Rentvine will automatically record tenant payments made through the tenant portal.
- MANUAL: Cash, Check or Money Order payments will need to be manually recorded by the PM in the respective lease.
Step Three - Deposit Money
- AUTO: Rentvine will automatically record the deposit of tenant portal payments as settlements.
- MANUAL: Once you deposit Cash, Check, or Money Order payments into your bank account, you will need to manually record the deposit in Rentvine.
Step Four - Work OrdersThroughout the month you may need to create/manage work orders for your managed properties (i.e. service requests from tenants).
- AUTO: Work orders can be submitted via the resident portal
- MANUAL: Work orders can be manually added within Rentvine
Step Five - Create Bills
Step Six - Pay Bills
Select the bills you would like to pay. Payment method (check, eCheck or ACH) will default to the configured settings on the vendor's contact page.
Step Seven - Pay Manager (Yourself)Time to pay yourself. Your manager ledger keeps track of the increases and decreases to you throughout the month.
*Note: If you have a management fee setting that needs to be collected manually please collect it before paying yourself. (See Step One)
Step Eight - Pay Owners
Select the owners you would like to pay at this time. Payment method (check, eCheck or ACH) will default to the configured settings on the owner's contact page.
Step Nine - Send Owner Statements
Send owners their statements to show them their most recent reporting period’s property and financial details.
Step Ten - Bank Reconciliation
The bank reconciliation will ensure that your bank accounts in Rentvine match the deposits and withdrawals of your bank statement.