Are you trying to export payments that are in Rentvine to Quickbooks? This article will show you how to utilize this feature, and get it configured. This feature also works with Xero Accounting Software.
This Quickbooks Export feature also work with Xero accounting software
Enable Quickbooks Export for your Property Management Company in Rentvine
- Go to Settings
- Look under the "Account" section
- Click "Account Manager"
- At the bottom of the page you will see a "Quickbooks Information" section
Please make sure the "Quickbooks Export Enabled" is toggled on.
As for the "Quickbooks Customer Name" this needs to reflect the same company name, you have in Quickbooks.
For Example: If your company name in Quickbooks is 123PM. Then type in 123PM in the "Quickbooks Customer Name"
(Optional) Enable Quickbooks Export for a Vendor
- Go to the Contacts tab
- Click Vendors
- Select the Vendor you want to configure for the Quickbooks Export
- Scroll down until you see "Quickbooks Export" section
Please follow the same steps above to get the Quickbooks Export Configured for this specific Vendor.
How to Match your Rentvine Chart of Accounts to your Product and Services in Quickbooks when doing the Export
- Go to Settings
- Look under the "Accounting" section
- Click "Chart of Accounts"
- Select the Chart of Accounts in Rentvine you are going to be utilizing with the Export
The Chart of Accounts you would want to add a service name too are the ones you plan on exporting to Quickbooks. Typically these are the chart of accounts that the property manager uses in Rentvine to collect their Property Management fees.
Please make sure the Quickbooks service name in Rentvine is the same as your product and service name in Quickbooks. It's important to have those two names match identically, so when the export happens it will reflect correctly in Quickbooks. Not reflecting these names could cause confusion once the export happens in Quickbooks.
How to export Quickbooks Invoice from a Rentvine payment
- Go to Accounting tab
- Money out
- Payments tab
- Click on the payment you want to export
- Green actions
- Click "Export Quickbooks Invoice"
This export will produce a CSV file that can be used to import into Quickbooks as an invoice.