Did you pay owners or vendors using a check and it was returned? This article will show you how to record the return in Rentvine.
Step 1 - Find the Check Payment
- From the left navigation menu click on Accounting and select Money Out
- Click on the Payments tab and narrow your search by choosing Check in the payment type filter. Fill out any other filter fields as necessary.
- Once you find the payment that you want to return, click on the row or the amount to go to the details view of the payment.
Step 2 - Record the Return
Once you are in the details view of the payments, click on the green Actions button and select Return Payment.
- If a pop up appears explaining the return payment, go ahead and click Continue.
- Lastly a pop up appears to enter the date and description of the return. Fill in the fields and click Return Payment to complete recording the return